Sunday, October 26, 2008

Loud Liberals?!

Last week I had the very distinguished privelage of representing ECU as an alumni for Mater Dei Highschool's College Fair. So, I go over the materials, study the common Q&A's, and do my best to appeal to these youngsters and their folks. You know, like "We have a strong liberal arts program with a student body that consists of about 25,500 students, 18,000 of which are undergraduates. Class room size averages 28 students per class, which the largest classes being approximately 150 in lecture hall for Biology/Psychology." And I can go on and on with these numbers and facts I didn't know a lick about while at the school. But was I prepared for what folks REALLY care about? "What're the sports programs like?" ....er..
Well, let's face it. Shenanigans if I've kept up on that. Let's see. Haven't seen the school competing in any championships on TV. How often do you hear about the ECU Pirates in national sports? Yeah, that's right. You're asking me knowing that we ain't got a shining star of a sports program. Go ahead. Step over to my right, where DUKE is set up. Thaat's right. Dookie. I was in the Liberal Arts Program, okay?
Anyhow, a pretty nice experience I'd repeat. Here's some pics of me being informative and my best Robert Ebendorf pose.



1 comment:

SAM BROOKINS said...

haha I'm feelin the updates kid. I wanna start seeing some merchandising options here.. no frauduct either.