Monday, October 6, 2008

Saber Tooth Tiger!

(Also found on myspace)

Okay. Where exactly this notion stemmed from I don't know, but I've spent an hour on the net rekindling my memories and learning more about....

The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Yeah. I should be working. And yeah, it's kind of silly. But damn. I mean, hot damn. You've got it all: epic battles, giant mecha, mythology, undertones of deliberate stereotype castings, and..the pink ranger. No wonder it's had such an impact on pop culture.

Anyhow, I discover the tradgedy that Thuy Trang, actress as the first yellow ranger, passed in 2001 due to a car crash. Her ashes are located in Whittier, CA(Thanks, wikipedia). Obviously a point of interest we've gotta take if you visit me. Trang left the show season 2 due to monetary conflicts, and in the character's last episodes, she appears by use of all editted stock footage. Shady. And ever wonder why the yellow ranger didn't don a skirt like the pink ranger? The original alter ego(from Japanese version) WAS A DUDE. Yeah, SHADY x10. It's okay. You can blame those fantasies on teenage hormones.

Well, somebody please hit me up to watch the first movie. Maybe I should host.

No comments: