Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fashion Week

Okay, okay. I should come clean.

I've cited that I'm into all things visually/conceptually interesting, and yes, that does include the world of fashion. And why not(Cue: Male defending an interest in fashion discussion). Clothing IS a vehicle to expression. It's a process of choices and assembling to express a style and idea, andso; an art form. There's a concept and there's the skill to materialize it. I think my interest stems from the process of character-designing:Characters on paper need a memorable, iconic look to be distintive. Fashion designers strive to produce the same.

So, a noteworthy showing from NY Fashion Week for me was Christian Siriano. The kid's in his 20's a crazy prodigy.

http://allprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2008/09/christian-siriano-at-fashion-week.html.

No comments: